Monday, March 30, 2009

My Dad

Well tonight we still really have no "diagnose" as to whats wrong with dad, he is still wheezing terribly, and he is coughing and short of breath. Today after he had his breathing treatments, his heart would of course start beating fast, normal after treatment, but then he would start having extreme chest pain and sweating and he was very sick, they put him back on oxygen with all his meds, we are at a catch 22, he needs steroids to get better but being a diabetic it is raising his sugar, into the 500's,after over 8 hrs they finally got it in the 300's which is very high, his kidney functions are not improving and them pumping fluids he is swelling, tomorrow they are doing renal ultrasound to see an ultrasound of his kidneys and see how they are working, and then tonight they also started "vest therapy" it is a vest they wrap around him and shake him for 10 min at a time to try to break some of the junk up they said today he had very little room for air to pass through and he is still very sick. Keep in prayers tonight, along with all these sweet babies that are very sick some are on my sidebar, but one family i just read about on Bring the rain website, broke my heart.... Pray for sweet Stellan, I thought about that baby each time my dad his treatments today so sad, Happy Monday

1 comment:

  1. That is so hard. I really wish you the best of luck. Its hard to now know what to do to fix things, and when the drs dont even know, its more stress on everyone. I will keep you and yours in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete