Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Do you hear what I hear?

Sadly, Brayden is having more ear issues again... I dont remember if I have ever blogged about his ears,  Brayden has already had 2 sets of tubes, and between the 2 sets we noticed his speech delay and that he had mild hearing loss, so we thought that with the second set of tubes this would fix itself, well his 2nd set of tubes are out, and we have been back to the dr 4 times in the last month and a half for his ears. And as his mom it is breaking my heart to see my 5 year old have such a hard time expressing himself, the dr is telling me when he looks at his ear, it looks perfect, but when they measure the movement of his ear drum it is flat in both ears. so it is making me nuts. Not that I care that I have to keep going back to he dr so many times, that doesnt bother me, it breaks my heart that we have been working with speach thearpy for 4 years and he is still having such a hard time. I dont like when he is around other kids and they can be so cruel, they make comments like is he speaking english, or what is he saying. Even adults have a hard time understanding him. Heck, im his mom and around him so much and when he starts telling a story it is hard for me as well, so I guess im just venting I want my baby to better. I know that this is crazy to get down on. And trust me I know that things could be worse with his stiff person syndrome, we are blessed at the moment he is walking and moving with very little pain, we are blessed that he has outgrown his seizures, honostly I am just blessed he is alive, you know us mommies we want the absolute best for our kids... Thats all. {grin}

No comments:

Post a Comment