Monday, February 8, 2010

Where have I been??

I know that I said that I was going to start blogging more often and all that good stuff, but my friends life around here has been crazy..... I'm going to work very hard on keeping my blog up to date, now that I know my hubby will be checking it on to keep up with his little family, as I type this I'm happy to say that he is still in C@mp Shel.by but all this will change soon, I will not give out specifics for the safety of there travels. But here is what we have been up to.. Last Friday our town got some of the most snow and ice that we have seen in forever, normally I'm sooooooo excited about this, but this time-- not so much! I knew that I was going to be driving my kids, my mom, my aunt and her grand daughter over 500 miles to see Darin, To spend a week with him before he makes his big journey.. You thought he was already deployed? OK, glad you asked!! He has been deployed since Dec. 5th, but they have been in C@mp She.lby doing more training, they are leaving sometime this week for Ku.wait but that I will announce later, just say a prayer daily for their safe travels and he will be held there for around 2 weeks to adjust to the climate, time difference all that good stuff before they had to Ir@q for their mission, he will return home sometime in December. But back to the journey. You see I was soooooo determined I was going and nothing was going to stop me, and it didn't..I drove on an ice covered interstate going 20 mph all across TN. These were the interstates.. But after we left TN, and got into Alabama all was well, and this was taking when we were less then an hour away. I was one very happy mama.
The kids were restless, so was my mom. She had to personally entertain this wild child the entire way and Khloe never went to sleep only one short hour long nap for the 8 or 9 hours we were on the road.YIKES!!!

But all the bad weather, kids screaming, potty breaks, drink stops, allll of that was worth it, we kept our eyes on the prize and we got our solider....



Here he is, one happy man to see his crazy family coming in the barracks, we love him dearly.
*Ill post more on our trip later, but for now I'm emotionally drained.


No comments:

Post a Comment