Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Farewell Ceremony. Feb 5

Over 3000 soldiers that were deployed with Darin this is a pic of our local unit that he is a part of at the ceremony... During the color guard ceremony-- this was actually my favorite part, listening to them talk about the importance of the color guard.
You can see in the above pic the ground was sooooo muddy people were getting stuck it was so cold and such a mess, they bussed the families to the parade field at 8 that morning and it was soooo cold and the ceremony didn't start until 12.
During the ceremony, our Gov. came up from Nashville, to give them a farewell it was an amazing ceremony and glad we were able to be a part of it, now I'm counting down the days until I'M sitting there waiting for the "WELCOME HOME" ceremony....
After it was over the soldiers came marching down the roads, this was awesome watching all these soldiers march and call cadence I love to here the unison they have. Then as the march by you think 3000 selfless people are walking by you that are giving there life for us to have freedom, I wanted to reach out and hug each and every one of them.
...Here they come.....



It gives me chills to be so close to these HEROS. I will pray daily for their safe return and the families they left behind, this is my husbands 3rd tour not that it makes it any easier, but I'M at a peace that even I don't understand.



GOD BLESS THESE SOLDIERS!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment