Friday, July 23, 2010

Do you remember that phone call???

Ring Ring....... Have you ever noticed how a simple phone call can simply change your plans for the day, or it can change the way you feel, it can impact your feelings for the day, it can change your life.... I have noticed this alot this week. I have been on a huge spectrum of emotions this week and its funny how it started with a phone call that was brought tears to my eyes for sadness, and ended with a phone call that brought tears to my eyes of happiness. And it got me thinking how a simple phone call can reallly change your life.

So as I started thinking about how Monday morning I was sitting at home so proud that we had been out walking 7 miles came out and sit down to try to plan the week of busy things we had when my phone rings..... i find out my uncle passed away, in a few simple words his life was over. Its amazing how when you here your phone ring at certain hours of the day it does that to you, it makes you sick to your stomach...... So I was thinking, of different phone calls that didn't last long but how they can effect your life. I remember getting a phone call from a Dr and at that moment .. it confirmed that I was pregnant. I remember sitting by my mom waiting for her to find out that her test had come back and it was negative... she didn't have cancer. I remember the phone calls that come thru to announce that I was approved for our house... I remember getting the phone call to let me know that I was accepted into nursing school. I remember the time that Darin called me to make another date.. and I knew then that he was the one, to change my life.. I remember getting a call to come fast that things were bad with my sweet aunt, and before I got there she was gone. I remember getting the call with my husband crying and said we needed to talk.... I already knew then it was bad and he was going back to war. I remember getting a call at 5 in the morning to hear that my cousins baby had health issues, I remember all the times i held my breath waiting to hear from numerous Dr's with results for my kids.... I remember waiting for a Dr to confirm that Ethan was negative for cystic fibrosis... I remember all the times that I sat by the phone waiting to hear from my hubby to know that he was safe as he could be in Iraq, and today I got a wonderful phone call today to tell me that hubby was out of Baghdad, and in Kuwait, for part one of his journey home..... Sometimes the phone rings and it makes me so nervous, but today I prayed for the phone to ring and it was great news. So, remember the power in a simple phone call. You can easily change someones day, with kind words of encouragement or offer prayers. So remember the next time you call someone make it worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post. I think that sometimes we get so wrapped up in our own lives that we forget that others need us too.

    ReplyDelete