Saturday, March 6, 2010

Read Me Day-- Hometown Heros

Today has been an incredibly busy day for me, this is almost the kind of busy I love.... I may have overbooked a little but I LOVE IT... Today, at Ethan's school was Read Me Day, and our school decided to honor our Hometown Hero's.. Sadly alot of our "local" soldiers are deployed, but there is talk to doing another Read Me Day with the Hero's when they get home.. Moving on.... Today when we were at school getting ready for the breakfast I took a few pics.. I love this flag made with the students hands from the school...

Here are a few of the decorations on the tables for the breakfast we hosted for them before they went to read.. It was such a good spirit in the room that day..
Here are a few of the books that they chose from to read to our kids... The one that was chosen to be read to Ethan's room was perfect!!! He read My Dad My Hero.. IT was the perfect book. The librarian is actually getting us a copy of it..


This is who read to our class.. I love to see that my Ethan was actually listening, yes, today the gentleman reading is in police uniform, he is now retired from the military after serving 33 years. He decided to read about his military experience vs the police experience.. He was sweet to bring his patrol car to allow the kids to explore, to cool... We thank alllll the people who came to read to the kids....
ALL OF THIS TOOK PLACE BEFORE 9:15. So that was just the first 2 hours... Brayden had awards day at 9:45 that will be my next post I'M just tired... Along with my kids and all our home stuff. My dad is in the hospital so I have been up there and he had surgery that was scheduled for 12 so I ran around like a crazy woman yesterday.. Stay turned for Braydens Awards Day Post.................



1 comment:

  1. What a great thing the school put on! I'm sure this will be a day they will never forget!

    ReplyDelete