Tuesday, November 10, 2009

HAPPY VETERANS DAY

Lord, wrap your arms around me
In this hostile,brutal place;
Let me draw peace and comfort
From your restful, sweet embrace.
Help me do my duty
To uphold what is right;
Give me strength and courage
Each day and every night.

Lord, hear this soldiers prayer
To you in heaven above;
Protect me with your power
And sustain me with your love.....

We are so very proud on this Veteran's Day to have our soldier home...


As we know that this time next year, we will celebrate many miles away....



This year is a very hard Veterans Day for me. In less that 20 days I will be saying Good- Bye to my soldier... I will watch him pack, make sure he has all that he needs, sit around and watch as everyone tells him bye, and that everything is going to be ok. Hold back tears so that my kids don't think its the end of the world, despite what they have heard about war... I will get the strength to watch him walk away and sit and wait for every single phone call, check my mail 10 times a day just to see his hand writing and to smell the letters that he touched, some will even be sandy and dirty and those I secretly treasure more.. I will only get to look into his eyes through the web cam. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to see him in somewhat real time. I will start looking for fun things to send him in care packages. His birthday will be celebrated miles and miles away. We will send him lots of cards. pictures. and items from home, so that he feels like he hasn't missed a thing. Truth is as bad as all of this seems, I am so PROUD of him, I STAND by him, as he has made the choice to SERVE our country with HONOR. AND FOR THIS I'M SO PROUD TO CALL THIS VETERAN MY HUSBAND. I will always stand by his side and support him thru all of his journey as he serves and protects this amazing country.


**** This picture us not a great pic, but you have to see it, this is the picture of him in the hanger just moments before he deployed for his first tour. This day changed his life...




Just as this day changed his.My cousin Cody signed up for the United States Army and is getting ready to start his journey soon, he will be deployed at the beginning of the year.




And on this day another cousin of mine Cora Beth, changed her life. She also enlisted in the United States Army and has already began her journey in Korea. She will be returning in April..




The men and women in the military work hard, and give alot, make sure you thank a Veteran today and pray and support each and every one of them...





So this year on VETERANS DAY, we as a family have sooooo much to be proud of.. And we are!!!!





Thank you Cora Beth, Darin, and Cody for all that you do.....
HAPPY VETERANS DAY









No comments:

Post a Comment