Friday, November 13, 2009

Fallen Soldier March 09

I had never completed my post about this fantastic march that me and some of my family did back in August. We participated along with around 200 soldiers and congressmen and other civilians to do a 9 mile walk. A few years ago a unit that was deployed during this war lost 9 of there men, and when there leader came back he was determined not to let them be forgotten so he marched a mile for each one that had died, that year he did it alone. The next year he invited other soldiers that wanted to march. This was the first year that they had opened it up to civilians, and he told everyone that if he got 200 people to walk the 9 miles with him, on Veterans Day he would march 29 miles to Nashville. And that he did. Sgt. Williams is one of the most incredible people I have ever met, all the soldiers wore there uniform with at least a 40 pound pack that was the only requirement and we left at 4:30 in the afternoon in AUGUST HEAT!!! These troops were awesome. I am beyond blessed to be a part of such an event and looking forward to doing it again next year.

This was all of us getting ready to leave the unit, to march thru town. Here we go!!! My family and I were all in the front in Our Team Morgan shirts. We were proud there were around 10 civilians and we were 5 of them...

We felt all that these soldiers do and go thru, the hard work my husband puts into it, he never gives up, he works hard this is one thing that I could do.. There were times that I didn't think I was going to make it and there was a point that I couldn't pass air thru my lungs and took a break in a van for about 5 min, but I wanted Darin to know that I respect him, and that I was going to push hard, for he does every single time, he cant give up and stop and takes break out in the field, he has to keep going on, and that was my motivation.


Most of all these troops will not be here next year for the march, they are going to be deployed but no matter what, I'm going to work hard, and get thru this march with no breaks, and Ill be there next year...


The amount of cheers, honks, signs, flags, people clapping, and people on the side of the road with bottled water EVERYWHERE, makes me so proud of my town. We are so blessed.

And going into the Thanksgiving season- I want to make point of what I am thankful for, this year I'm thankful of this country that we are able to live in... Thankful for the men and women who make that possible. Thankful for those who walked right beside me during that march. I AM SO BLESSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*** Side note, the next morning me and Ethan woke up around 4am sick so sick, I took Ethan to the ER he tested positve for Swine Flu, and later on that night after I got thru worring about me baby, I got sicker and sicker, I really thought I was just exhausted from the march, but when I went to the dr on Monday I was positve for swine.. CRazy. ( this was all for my sake of journaling and not forgetting our crazy fun year)



No comments:

Post a Comment